Put Your Best Foot Forward!
The average person takes 7,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which is more than 150,000km over a lifetime! All this wear and tear on your feet can be harmful if they are not maintained properly.
What is a Pedicure?
At Salt Water, all our pedicures begin with a relaxing foot soak. Hard skin removal from the bottom and sides of your feet is followed by trimming of nails and cuticles, if necessary. Massage of feet and lower legs is followed by paraffin application – A paraffin treatment uses warm oil-based wax to provide pain relief to hands, feet, and sore joints and muscles, while leaving your skin soft and moisturized. Our Sport Pedicures leave a buffed natural nail. Our Spa Pedicures include your choice of gel or traditional polish.
Our Spa has the highest standard of cleanliness. When choosing a spa, the following practices should be observed for your safety:
- All stainless steel instruments must be sterilized between uses.
- Stainless steel basis with disposable liners should be used (piped whirlpool foot baths have been found to contain bacteria in their pipes, jets and water filtration systems, and may cause fungal infections).
- All nail files, foot files, buffers and toe separators are single use and should be disposed of after use, or sent home with the client.
- Technicians should wear gloves at all times.
Before a Pedicure
- Please do not shave your legs 24 hours before your pedicure.
- Your technician will ask about the following conditions and medications which can increase the risk of infection: Medical Conditions: diabetes, lymphedema, peripheral vascular disease (PVD), neuropathy, HIV and autoimmune diseases like lupus. Medications: chemotherapy agents and blood thinners.
Contrary to popular belief, pedicures are NOT just for women! They are for anyone who wants to take care of their feet.